Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Introductions and first measurements

Hey. Some of you may or may not know me from some smaller art/writing/doll communities around the 'net. If you don't, trust me that I don't really care and I won't be offended. If you do, hey there! I wonder how that community's doing now?

This blog is so I can keep track of everything I eat and do during the day to help myself lose weight.This isn't so much for me to look fantastic so much as I want to stop feeling horrible about myself (both physically and emotionally) and so that I can reduce all my health risks. (I'm up to get diabetes, several different cancers including breast cancer, heart and lung problems, and joint problems.)

My name is Astrid B. Rune and I'm 18 years old right now, with a birthday in July,which means I'll be 19 in a few months. I write and sculpt and sew and draw. But aside from that, I can't say I have any good activities for myself. I wear a size 18/20 pants and skirt and I wear a large (if I'm lucky) to extra large shirt. I'm 5'2'' and I weigh about 200lbs last that I knew.

Here are my measurements:

Bust - 43inches
Under bust/top of the ribcage- 40 inches.
Natural waist- 44 inches.
Largest part of my stomach- 49 inches
Hips- 50 inches
Thighs- 24 and a half inches.
Arms- 11 and a half inches.

I work a job that I must walk there and back (unless I work past sundown or if it's bad weather out) and that equates to about a mile of walking. I stand mostly at work and I walk quite a bit while I'm at work and also do a lot of lifting and moving around. I don't do any exercise beyond that. Any other walking I do aside from that is done walking to the store or walking elsewhere.

I'm trying to keep to a 1,200-1,500 calorie diet with less processed foods and less junk food. Calories aren't my only concern here, but I know it's got to be a big part of my plan right now if I want to lose weight. The rest will come along.

I don't have a scale, so I can't weigh myself periodically. The only thing I can do is measure myself. When I can get myself on a scale, I'll give you any updates on my actual weight.

My current goal is to get my natural waist to 38 inches and the largest part of my stomach down to 40inches. After that,I'll come up with another goal to achieve so that I can keep going.

Every week I'll give new measurements, even if they haven't changed, I'll still post them. I'll also do a total for the week's calories and a recap of everything I've ate all week. It's not going to be easy for me because I work at a fast food restaurant and I don't have many good foods here at home to really be eating, but I'm going to try to eat better with what I have until I can go grocery shopping.

I'll post pictures of myself when I can.

The blog is set to allow all comments to be posted, so feel free to comment, no matter what it is you have to say. Just keep in mind that flaming me will not even get a response, so don't waste your typing-breath.

No comments: