Sunday, May 29, 2011

All there is to it

I didn't post my weight last week or this because I simply didn't weigh myself.  I've felt really down lately, and my body hasn't been itself. I've been nauseous and gross and not feeling great. So I opted not to weigh. Nothing short of a 'breaking the 195lbs barrier' would have made me feel better, and that's just unrealistic. I'm not plunging myself into depression and self loathing over a stupid number and that's all there is to it.

I did, however, start amping up my exercise again. I'm 100minutes away from hitting my 500minute goal. I think I can do that in the next two days without harming myself, that's just 50 minutes tomorrow (two workouts including warm up and cool down) and Tuesday, each. I don't think that sounds like a big deal. One when I get home from work tomorrow and another sometime before bed. And then one in the morning on Tuesday and another in the afternoon.

Speaking of working out, I am positively dripping in sweat today after my workout. I might do another one soon today and just cut out one of the ones tomorrow because I still feel darned good. I'll give it another half hour or so and see how I feel. I don't really want to push myself too hard and hurt myself and I don't want to be tired out for work tomorrow. That just sounds like a bad idea. 

I'm feeling good, but I won't weigh myself until next Saturday. I want to keep feeling good as long as possible. Hopefully all these feel good chemicals in my brain from working out will help me keep feeling that way even if I have a bad weigh in next Saturday. It's possible, since I haven't really been watching what does down the big hole here, but I've done much better today.

One step at a time, that's all I can ask for from myself.

No comments: