Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Late again, per usual! I'm at 210 again, so another gain. This is no less irritating now than it was five months ago. The worst part is that I know I can lose this weight, as I've done it before. I also know I can lose this because I used to be heavier. But it doesn't seem to want to keep me at less than 210. I don't know what I'm doing wrong...

Yesterday, I hung out with a friend I hadn't seen since high school almost three years ago. We had a lot of fun, doing completely irrational things like going around the BJ's wholesale store and giggling in wonderment at all the food. I hadn't realized just how much I'd missed her until I spent time with her again.

The most unexpected part of the day, though, was that she commented on how good I looked now. I asked her what she meant by that, since I was confused. All I was wearing was a crappy pair of jeans and a tank top, so it couldn't be my clothing. She told me it was obvious I had lost a lot of weight and that frankly, I was pretty fat in high school (because, oh god, I was).

That made my week, along with a lot of other stuff that we ended up doing around town.

I know I can lose the rest of this weight. I know it. And I'll do it. I don't want to be fat anymore and I don't even want to be kind of fat. I want to lose this weight and I will.

And I think I'll try to make it more fun than I have up until now.

2 comments:

Lilies in my Cereal said...

I definitely know the feeling of not wanting to be kind of fat... I read this today,.. you may like it... http://zenhabits.net/top-42-exercise-hacks/

Astrid said...

Oh hey! Thanks for the link! I love articles like this because there's always at least one new thing that you haven't read before and usually, it can be a great help.