Monday, January 14, 2013

January 14,2013 Weigh -In

 Previous weigh in: 175.6lbs
Today's weigh in: 174.5lbs
Which means: loss of 1.1lbs
BMI: 31.9 (just barely in the obese category)

I completely forgot to weigh myself AT ALL yesterday, much less post about it. GEEZ. I feel like such a loser haha. I'll be better about it, I promise!

I lost a little over a pound this week, which is pretty cool! Then again, I've been trying pretty hard to cut back on junk, since I'll be going to a lolita meet up this Saturday. It's at a dessert buffet and four hours long. I think you can see what that means for my next weigh-in or two. I don't really mind it, since it's a conscious decision I made and I told myself not to worry about it. I don't do things like eat cakes and pastries all day ...ever. So I can give myself one day to do so. Especially because I'll probably be too busy socializing at least some of the time to actually be stuffing my face constantly.

But the biggest news about this meet up is that I'm going to get to wear my Jewelry Jelly jumperskirt from Angelic Pretty this week. Now, I fell in love with this series back when it came out, in 2010. I got the switching JSK last year, in May. I knew it wouldn't fit me and it still doesn't, to be honest. It's a lot closer than it was. I tried it on last night and can actually zip it up almost half way. Which is an improvement over I couldn't even get this dress on comfortably with the zipper open. I got the regular version of the jumperskirt back in October or November of last year with the assumption that it would fit. It has a lot of elastic shirring in the back, and I was already a bit smaller then than I had been in May.

Dress got here and it didn't fit. I cried, a lot, to be honest. I'd wanted this dress so badly and I wanted to wear it so badly. But I just put it away in my closet and kind of forgot about it. I figured I could always sell both dresses in a year or two if they still didn't fit and no big loss, really, except a piece of my heart. I didn't really even think about the dress. A few things were going on in my life at the time, so I was too depressed and preoccupied over bigger things to be worried about some dress that didn't fit me.

And then last month, I got invited to a lolita meet up that would be scheduled this month. I accepted, asked for the day off, and asked my dear boyfriend to bring there (and he's going to attend, too). I figured I could deal with what I was going to wear when the day came and I have plenty I could wear and put together for a nice outfit.

But on a whim last week, because a part of me really wanted to debut this dress at my first meet up, I tried it on. And not only did it fit, it's comfortable. The elastic is stretched pretty far, but it's not at the maximum. And the seams aren't stressed. And I cried, a lot, over this dress again. But now it was for a completely different reason. I skipped around the house wearing this dress, dancing and jumping and just overall so happy that I could wear this.

Now, I will state again, the biggest thing I have gotten from losing weight is my HEALTH. It's improved so much these past few months that I barely even know what to do with myself. It's a wonderful feeling to be healthy. I want to say 'again', but I don't really think I ever have been healthy. Not for a very, very long time. So far back I can't even remember it. So it's good to just finally feel like that at all. I'm overjoyed that I can do things and that my life isn't as limited by chronic pain as it used to be. But at the same time, isn't it nice to be able to fit into pretty clothing? I see it as a bonus, a special treat on top of the real prize. And I won't say I don't like to look at all of the dresses I may be able to fit into once I reach goal. It's fun to think about putting those outfits together and socializing with the friends I hope to make at these meet ups.

And hopefully on Saturday or for my next weigh-in, I'll have plenty of photos to post here.

No comments: