Sunday, January 13, 2013

One Hundred Push Ups

Now, I'm pretty sure at some point in the life of this blog, I made some kind of comment about trying the one hundred push ups challenge. And I know for a fact that the many times I've tried, I usually ended up forgetting about it after a week or two. Not so much that it was too hard, but I literally...forgot about it.

So, I'm trying again. And I'm going to try and use this blog to keep me accountable. For the record, I'm doing wall pushups. I'm not physically capable of doing full pushups, at least not at this point in time. I hope if I can finish this challenge enough times that I'll eventually be able to do full pushups.

My plan is to finish this challenge, then do the sit ups challenge. Once I finish that, I'd like to do the push ups one again, but with a greater angle so that the pushup is more difficult. After that, I'd like to do that squat challenge. And then go back to the push ups challenge. Hopefully by then, my health will be such that I can do it in full pushups. If not, then I guess I'll just have to do it twice in a row! Or however many times it takes after that.

Now, I'm not promising I'll actually do all of this. I just did the initial test for the pushups and managed 20 in a row, which put me in rank three. I'm going to start the challenge tomorrow, as opposed to waiting a week or two, and then report back here. I'm hoping to at least add that sort of thing to the list of exercises I do sometime.

I also really want to start doing planks and other ab workouts sometime soon. I know core workouts are great for overall health and I know my core is pretty weak. I'd like to strengthen it. I'd also really like to get into yoga, at least very minimal yoga. Here's to seeing how well I do this year.

What are your favorite non-equipment/body weight exercises? How long did it take you for you to perfect them, so to speak? And how often do you do these exercises?

No comments: