Saturday, January 12, 2013

Let's just review why I'm doing this, shall we?

 Let's start off with this first photo. It's from 2008 and this was me at my heaviest, I'm pretty sure. Then again, this photo is pretty heavily retouched thanks to the people at the Yearbook photo place wanting to be nice to everyone. I look a bit thinner here than I do in my next photo. But I promise, I wasn't. At all.
 And then this photo. Let's talk about this. This was taken in 2011 at some point, probably towards the end of the year. I felt about as big as I looked, really. My smile is awkward and I'm not too happy that someone just snuck a camera up on me. I hated taking photos. I was really overweight and uncomfortable and my health was VERY poor.
And this photo was taken this week. I think I've visibly lost weight. A lot of people have told me that I have and looking at this photo, I think it's true. Sometimes I'm still not sure and I feel like I did in the first two photos. (Excuse the wig, BTW, I'd just gotten it in the mail for a lolita coordinate.) My health has improved a LOT since the other photo was taken. And I'm much happier, half due to better self esteem and half due to not being in pain literally all of the time. I can work more now, and have been working more these past two months, and I rarely have bad flare ups of pain. I do still get occasional little aches and pains, but not as frequently and for much shorter durations than they used to be. I can do so much more than I used to; walking isn't a chore, stairs don't bother me (except for my weak knees), and running around the restaurant doesn't intimidate me. Losing the weight has made me a better worker and has given me the confidence to do more in the restaurant I work in. I want to do more. To accomplish more.
I'm not the same girl I used to be and I'm not the same woman I used to be. Look at that photo; I'm downright sassy.

And let's keep it that way, shall we?

No comments: