Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Confessions!

I have a few confessions to make,some good and some not that great.

For the past week or so, I did fairly poorly. I got sick and wasn't sleeping very well at all, so I kind of said screw it to my eating and exercising. While I didn't do too horribly, I also didn't do great. Chinese takeout was kind of a staple and I ended up nibbling at work. The only exercising I did was walking to and from work,being at work,and walking to the store and then home.

In other news, I confess I've lost almost ten pounds from getting back on track and such. I'm at 196 now, instead of 203. We got a scale recently and we've decided to start weighing ourselves every week to help keep track of what we lose,or don't lose. I don't have any measurements right now, especially since I have to run off to work soon. I'll get them up this Thursday if there were any changes.

I started tracking on SparkPeople again seeing as I've gotten myself back to where I need to be. I'm starting to think more about what I eat too and planning ahead. I already have lunch figured out, packed up, and ready for me when I go on break at work.

Also, I must confess that ...

I don't like salads. I never have, I never will. I think they're bland,boring, and fairly disgusting.I don't like raw vegetables (except carrots and bell peppers) and I never thought the idea of shoving a bunch of raw vegetables together on a plate sounded good. Especially when you consider that the bulk of salads are made with either romaine or iceberg lettuces, which I find to be rather tasteless.Yes, I'm sure I could use darker greens...

But let's face it, people. Those are BITTER when left uncooked and aren't very pleasant to be eating. Don't get me wrong, I love cooked spinach and kale and other greens. But I don't want to be eating them raw. And while I guess I could make a cooked salad,I'm sure it would look very unappetizing,and the texture would probably be pretty horrible.

Nope. Nope. Salads just aren't for me. Unless we're talking a fruit salad. If so, then I'm all over that like frosting on a cake. I love fruit salads.

So, to anyone who thinks they have to force themselves to eat salads in order to be heathly, don't believe that. I mean, sure, salads (when done right) can be perfectly healthy meals or appetizers...but ONLY if you like them! If you don't, then you're just going to sabotage yourself. It'll make your plans just seem not worth it! I mean, who wants to torture themselves?

I know I don't. Which is why I've never believed in depriving yourself of foods and treats you like,as long as it's in moderation, and I've never believed in forcing foods you don't like on yourslef just because they're 'healthier'. Bah. Not worth it!

Just watch what you eat,how much you eat, and allow yourself a treat now and then, along with some exercise, and I'll think you're doing great. Of course, everyone's bodies are different, as are their tastes and minds. This is just what I've noticed works for me and my friends.

No comments: